Endless re-re-re-re-production: Lieberman and Cultural Stereotypes

I still haven't figured out the purpose of a blog except that it is a place to re-re-re-produce and re-re-(etc)-distribute... A blog, I suppose, sort of highlights the general state of culture: it's just commentary on commentary on commentary. Well, not "just," because commentary is commentary and it's important. 

But enough of the commentary on nothing. 

Ta-Nehisi Coates is my hero: 
In response to more news that Joe Lieberman is f*cking up (and over) any hope that the U.S. will ever have anything resembling adequate healthcare, Jon Chait (of the New Republic) hits something on the head: "I suspect that Lieberman is the beneficiary, or possibly the victim, of a cultural stereotype that Jews are smart and good with numbers. Trust me, it's not true." 
Now that's sort of funny. But not as true (and hence not as funny) as what Coates has to say. Coates hits it out of the ballfield. Check it out.